move 2 india, move to india, moving to india, moving 2 india, return to india, return 2 india, relocate to india, relocate 2 india
Move 2 India
Moving to India easier than
What are the items Prohibited for export or import?
1. Possession / trafficking in Narcotic drugs like Heroin, Charas (Hashish), Cocaine or in Psychotropic substances is prohibited and is punishable with imprisonment. The quantum of punishment will be decided in accordance with the law of the country where the passenger is caught carrying such drugs. The punishment can even extend to death sentence.
2. Import of Firearms and cartridges exceeding 50 as baggage is prohibited, except under certain circumstances. Import of explosives are also prohibited.
3. Export of most species of wild life, exotic birds, wild orchids and articles made from flora and fauna such as Ivory, Musk, Reptile skins, Furs, Tiger Skin, Shahtoosh, Sea shells, Peacock feathers etc. are prohibited. For any clarifications passenger should approach the Regional Deputy Director (Wildlife Preservation) Govt. of India or the Chief Wildlife Wardens of State Governments posted at Calcutta, Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai. Import of certain wildlife articles are also prohibited.
4. Non-declaration, misdeclaration and concealment of imported goods is an offence under the Customs Act, which may result in confiscation, fines, penalties and even prosecution. In case of doubt, contact the P.R.O. of Customs regarding prohibition of any item.
5. Export of Antique items is prohibited. Artifacts/items over 100 years old are considered antiques. In certain cases, articles which are more than 75 years old are considered antiques.
6. Export/Import of Indian Currency is prohibited except by Indian Residents, who can take out/bring in Indian Currency below Rs.5000/- (to/from countries other than Nepal or Bhutan). Bringing in Indian Currency notes above Rs.100/- denomination is prohibited at the moment for persons entering India from Nepal.
7. Import of fictitious stamps and counterfeit coins are prohibited.
8. Import of books, CDs, DVDs, Cassettes etc. containing obscene or pornographic materials and contents encouraging violence or sabotage, and materials showing or questioning the frontiers of India by way of maps or articles etc. are prohibited.
Copy rights © 2009 Move2India.Com All Rights Reserved